Submissions are currently CLOSED.
Real Horrorshow is looking for works that provide an immersive experience to the dark side of reality. We want stories accounting actual freaky experiences that reflect on the day to day reality of people.
What we want.
- Stalker stories
- “I knew a murderer” stories
- “Wanna see a dead body?” stories
- Essays in the vein of the above
What we DON’T want.
- Stories of paranormal experiences. Sam and Stormy have collectively had enough of this shit.
- Pornographic content
- Inaporpriate content containing: pronographic content or stories, photos, any actual photos depicting violence onto a human or animal. We won’t have it.
The moral of these stories must reflect the fact that people are scarier than monsters. The most evil person could be sitting next to you on the bus dressed in business attire…just saying, this is what we’re after. Dig deep, send us something freaky, and if it fucks us up, it’ll go through to publish on the RH blog.
No matter if a story is sent in that’s actually 100% truth, there will be a suspension of disbelief atmosphere where haters can’t troll you. If something crazy happened to you, and it’s enhanced with just a few false details, we want it. Think, NoSleep.
- Please send all of your submissions to: email@example.com
- Include the subject line as so: “Last Name, First Name, Submission, Date”
- In the body of the email, please include an author’s bio and summary of work:
- Author’s Bio: Full name, 2-5 sentences that describe you and the kind of work you produce. If this is your first time writing, tell us about yourself: schooling, hobbies, that kind of thing. If you have a blog of website that features your writing, please include it in the bio. No funny stuff.
- Summary of work: What type of work, of topic of work you are submitting (just give us the bare bones plot/synopsis so we can gauge if it fits), the page count, the word count (if you can’t figure out how to use the word count tool on your word processing program, you should probably just count each word for us), include any trigger warning (rape, violence, child porn, etc).
- Please send your submission as a DOC or DOCX file. Do not create something with clever formatting, it’ll just be reformatted for our blog.
- If you have relevant images to accompany your work, send those as well as JPEG files. Again, no funny stuff.
- If submitting a movie review, please look at our rubric and previous reviews. Reviews that don’t follow the rubric will be turned down.
Please give us a while to read your submission and get back to you with an answer. We will either reject you or accept you, but we WILL respond. Just give us time. If a year happens to go by, send us a reminder.
If you disobey the guidelines even in the slightest, we will not read your work.
If you disobey the guidelines and send us inapropro shit, funny shit, anything that we DON’T want, you’ll be banned.